Southern Tier Part 2 - Day #15 Sanderson, TX to Marfa, TX
Southern Tier Part 2 - Day #15 April 27, 2022 Sanderson, TX to Marfa, TX 112 Miles Start 7:13 AM Finish 6:15 PM Ride Time 10:56 Ascent 4,022 Feet Descent 2,089 Feet Tour Total Miles 1319 Details at: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/88388368 I slept OK in the astroturf tent area at Canyons RV Park in Sanderson. It was windy throughout the night and the motor traffic from nearby US 90 was loud. Cars were pulling into the RV lot all night long. Fortunately a train never came through. I woke up before the birds while it was still dark. I knew that I had a long day, and the earlier I started the better. It was a slow pack in the dark. I retraced yesterday’s ride to Stripes on the west end of town, where I got myself a Dunkin’ Donuts French Vanilla Iced Coffee and a Hostess mini coffee cake. Sanderson has seen better days. I ran into east-bounder Kathy from Denver who was doing the entire Southern Tier from San Diego to St Augustine. She had stayed at a hotel in Sanderson last night, and w...
Comments
Post a Comment